Sunday, August 10, 2008

It Happened to Me...




This an installment Parents magazine has in their magazine where parents tell terrible things that happened to their kids to warn other parents of hazzards posed to young kids. Well, here's mine...I burned my three-year-old with instant oatmeal. I had heated the milk/water up in the microwave and it had boiled over so it was super hot. I took the glass measuring cup out and poured the milk into the bowl of oatmeal. It boiled up and over the bowl, burning my hand so I dropped it. Sarah was standing right beside me anxious to get her oatmeal and it splattered on her. She got burned on her eyelid, her neck and she has a blister on her forehead. Great mom, I know. So cautious and careful. Needless to say, I felt so terrible as she cried. So...NEVER pour over-heated milk into a bowl of dry instant oatmeal because apparently it blows up and makes a huge mess all over your entire kitchen and burns like the firery furnaces of hell!!

1 comment:

ashton4inlv said...

Ok, So I'm laughing and feeling bad at the same time. not because it's funny your daughter got burned , but because I've been there done that. Hope she's ok, and quit trying to mame your children. j/k. Hope everythings going well with all of you. Gray's protien is up again, so we had to start over on his meds. and just in time for school. Yeah. aside from that all is well here. And just wait that baby will QUIETLY be sleeping through the night before you know it.