Friday, December 12, 2008

Kory and Amber...Caramel Recipe

I emailed both of you in response to your comments but I guess those auto reply emails don't make it. So here is the recipe:

2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups karo syrup
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all in heavy duty pot. Bring to boil on med high and cook until it comes together in when dripped into ice water, or to 234 degrees. Some candy thermometers can be inaccurate so I do the ice water method. DO NOT OVERCOOK! When the color starts turning golden start checking. Pour into saran wrapped 9 x 13 pan. Cool and turn out to cut. Wrap in wax paper. They are really good with pecans added to it!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing such a Lindsay classic. I'm sure even if I made them they wouldn't taste the same as yours.

Pepple said...

Oh yum, thanks so much!! If you tried sending the e-mails from the church website you have to respond to the e-mail they send to you (which usually goes to your junk box) before it will send out. Its really odd. Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to make them.

Izzy said...

MMmmmmmmmm. It's like butta!

Rachel said...

MMMMmmmmm...delish! We're in caramel heaven over here! Thanks for the poppy seed bread too! Yum!

Kory Jane said...

Lindsay...wake up dear. It's been a month time for a new post I think.