Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break 2008

What fun we had camping! I could have done without the first night where we froze and I didn't sleep a wink. By the end of the next day I was in tears over my exhaustion which didn't last thanks to the 3 Benadryl I took before bed that night. What a feeling getting a good nights rest after being so tired! We had fun tubing on the river, cooking all our meals and hiking; I mean rock climbing thanks Uncle Chad! And poor Sarah sat on a cactus as she tried to catch her breath on the rock climb. Darren and I had to pick those little prickers out of her bum and palms of her hands and once they were out they still stung and she wanted to keep going without her pants on. I regret not taking even one picture because my camera batteries died. Amy please send us all of your shots. There is no way to adequately describe though how good that bed felt our first night home after driving 11 hours straight. When I blew my hair dry for church on Easter Sunday I could still smell campfire!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I finally got all the pics into a compressed folder. Now I need to figure out how to send it all. I may need to break it up into smaller pieces.

Craig said...

That poor little cactus bum.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Spring break for me is sitting at home while Tammy and the kids play on a Florida beach.

I guess I take solace in the fact that I have uninterrupted Xbox 360 time. :)

Unknown said...

ha! i knew as soon as you said that tammy and the kids were gone that you would be taking full advantage and nerding out as much as possible. awesome:D