Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ahoy Matey!



We took the plunge literally and got the boat pictured in the previous post! The day we went to look at it it rained torrentially all day! I said to Darren that maybe it was a sign that we shouldn't get the boat. He smirked and we drove on...until one of our rear tires was punctured by some random metal spear on the freeway during the drenching rain. Thanks to GPS we found a Firestone in under 5 minutes and were able to get the tire replaced but not before Darren pulled the metal spear out and we heard the air as it spewed out the tire rapidly. And then there was the 10 seconds we had to drive in water up to the grill to make it past a freeway on ramp to get to the Firestone. I said, "Okay Darren, maybe THIS is a sign that the boat is not a good move??" But onward we went from the Firestone to the dealer where we looked at the boat and measured the trailer and got completely soaked while doing it. It was a damp, damp day! After mulling it over and when the sun came out the next day it seemed like we should go for it. We have been busy bidding on boating gear on Ebay ever since. I just can't wait to get in the front of that thing and shout at the top of my lungs, "I'm sailing...I'm sailing" What about Bob fans will get that. Good news too that Oklahoma State parks don't even charge you to put your boat in the lake! Bring on the warm sunny days!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Lauren and Cameron look pretty serious on the raft. Are you sure they had fun?

You have to save the "I'm sailing!" for Bear Yake so we can all appreciate it.

Sally said...

Yeah for the boat!!!You know your going to have all kinds of new best friends now right?!

Craig said...

I'll be your best friend!!

Wait, I am too far away for that kind of 'using'. Besides, is a brother EVER your best friend??

Real Life Roberts said...

I love Sarah in that pic! She is so cute...it's almost sureal that summer is almost here! HURRY UP!!