Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Day on the Lake

Yes...this is definitely going to be a fun family tradition. We'll have to sell our unborn baby to afford it all but it will be worth it!

It was only 68 degrees and the water was freezing. The kids were convinced they were NOT going to be cold and were planning on swimming with goggles etc. That is until they felt the water - Ha! Ha! Mom was right again! I can't imagine if it was sunny and hot and we were pulling the kids on the tube or knee board...this will be an absolute blast! Can't wait to have friends and family join us.


This was Sequoyah Bay State Park about 30 minutes from our house. Next, we are trying out Lake Skiiatook. Darren was definitely in his element cruising around the lake scaring the pants off the kids!


I had my first lesson in driving since Darren couldn't back the boat into the lake and drive it off the trailer like I wanted him to. It wasn't that bad though. I think I could get the hang of it.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Your kids are going to have the best time this summer. And by that I mean Darren!

Quin's momma said...

OK, I am a total wimp when it comes to going on the lake in the boat. I don't know why- I just am. SO, with that being said- you should try the lake in Oologah. It is nice and big and there aren't a lot of big boats on it- so it's smooth and fun!