Monday, April 28, 2008

A Trip to the Allergy Doctor

Cameron Sneezing

Cameron, who we had a hunch was allergic to grass and pollen, went to see the allergy doctor today, since his daily dose of Zyrtec wasn't helping with excema or allergies much anymore. After 64 tiny pin pricks on his back the doctor confirmed that he is allergic to ALL trees, grass, pollen of any kind including weeds, dust, pets and the list goes on. I could see his confidence in the nurse begin to wain as she continued to prick his sensitive back with various toxins. He wriggled around for 20 minutes itching like a dog with fleas, but wasn't allowed to scratch at all. His back looked like he'd been stung by a swarm of wasps when we were done. Poor guy.
Then off to the lab to get some blood drawn. He took it like a champ as they filled ten vials with his "cool" dark red blood. The nurse told him he was the gas station filling up all the tanks with his blood. We were almost finished when Sarah began to wimper and when I looked down at her she was white as a ghost. Her head was sweaty and clammy and she was weak wanting me to hold her. She did this last month at my doctor check up when I got my blood taken and got a shot, except she fainted! I though it was an isolated incident thinking she may have tripped but she fell flat on her face and she acted scared and really disoriented. Kind of funny to see her have a "Darren" reaction not having any clue as to why she felt the way she did. No more needles for Sarah! Thanks for passing on the wimp gene, Darren!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your poor babies!

Sally said...

Poor Cameron. I'm not much of a needle person so I probably would not have handled it as good as him. At least you have another good reason to never goet a dog.

Craig said...

Poor little girl. You are such a mean mom making her go through that.

Go Cameron! Way to fill up those tanks. Isn't that about all the blood little boys have anyway?

Quin's momma said...

OK, I had to laugh out loud when I was reading about Sarah's reaction. Too stinkin' funny!

OK, I totally feel for Cameron. My test was on my forearms and EVERYTHING they stuck me with ran all together. Apparently I'm allergic to all types of grass, tress, pollen, etc. within 50 miles of wherever I am. It's a great way to live. I love it. But- Cameron will get the right medicines and shots and be good to go!!!

Real Life Roberts said...

I can't believe he let you do this...his allergies must have been really bad for him to accept this treatment! And Sarah...I'm shocked that sheis so intune with the needles and blood at such an early age! WOW!

Nicole said...

What a sport! We had to taken katelyn to get that done last winter. That is funny about Sarah! It MUST be genetic if she didn't even realize she should be afraid of needles like that!!!