Monday, July 28, 2008

The Experiment Begins


We took a trip to the doctor today to see if we were doing all we can do to help Erin. I have read alot on milk protein sensitivity and so just as I was ready to cut all dairy out of my diet, the doctor suggested we try this Nutramigen formula. Luckily he gave me samples and we are trying it for 3 or 4 days to see if she gets any better. Tonight is the first night and it is much like any other night so far...lots of screaming except now I feel bad giving her this gross smelling formula and depriving her of nursing, which she keeps trying to do. It is emotional torture. Tune in next time when Erin is still screaming and we still din't know what to do about it. I hope 3 months comes soon and she outgrows it on her own.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You just need to make Darren feed her the awful smelling (yes, that's one of the things I remember from eons ago when mine were babies) formula.

If she even smells you, there is no way she'll take the bottle because she'll know you're there.

Sorry I didn't call back Sunday night. I ended up talking to Dave Markham for longer than I anticipated.

If Chad buys me a new car before he leaves, I'll see you Friday or Saturday.

Best wishes!