Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More on Erin

I went into labor with her 2 weeks and 5 days early. It was Friday the 13th but luckily she came at 1 a.m. on Saturday morning, June 14th. She made a very loud entrance into the world and didn't settle down for a long time. She wouldn't have been so mad if she hadn't come sunny side up and rubbed off her eyebrows on the way out! It must have hurt!

She has been a very sweet baby so far. She already weighs a hefty 9 1/2 lbs. She is still getting the sleeping thing down at night and the hard part so far is deciding which one of the kids is going to hold her. Really, it's Lauren who is totally in love with taking care of her and Cameron and Sarah see her and think they need a piece of the babysitting pie. Lauren has been a HUGE help to me and has cute little names she calls the baby. I would have 10 more if I knew 10 good families that would take them after they turned a year old. We are blessed to have her and look forward to getting to love her into our family!

"Get that #%#@#* camera out of my face! Haven't I posed enough for you crazy people?"

My First Bath

6 comments:

Amy said...

She is beautiful. She looks so much like Lauren.

It's a good thing you posted. I was wondering if you had fallen off the face of the Earth. Then I remembered you just had a baby, and I forgave you for no new pics.

Hope your extended stay in Utah was great.

Lisa said...

Sweet, adorable, all those good words!

Quin's momma said...

Glad you're finally back and safe, and posting. I was about to take your name in vain for not posting new pictures and telling us about Erin's settling in. Of course, seems as though you haven't had a whole lot of time to just chill and settle. Good thing you've got little helpers!!! She's a Beaut, Clark!

Real Life Roberts said...

She is so cute...in the bath pic she looks a lot like Lauren. do you see it? I've missed you like crazy! Glad you had so much fun in UTah!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

She is adorable! It is so nice you have Lauren as a great helper!

Becky said...

That is just the funniest pic of Erin, "oh the light, it's just too bright!" She's a keeper.