Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where Have I Been?

What? Oh, no, I haven't been out of town. Why haven't I posted anything in a while? Oh because my baby hasn't stopped crying for a week straight! I'm on no sleep, the days are a blur, and when I look at Erin I have mad thoughts like, "Why did I get a crying machine for my 4th kid?" The kids ask what's wrong with her and, trying not to break into tears, I say I don't freaking know!!!! Now she has a stuffy nose, slight fever, and is choking and throwing up and mad because she swallows more air than milk when she nurses! When her eyes lock on mine all I get is a furrowed brow and wimpering as if she is telling me just how miserable she is.

My back is burning my muscles hurt so bad and my kids think my new eye color is red. I caught Cameron today with his hands on her head. She was crying of course and when I was about to scold him for bugging her he said, "I was just trying to give her a little blessing." Poor kid. He just wants peace and quiet too. It has to end soon right? It doesn't help that my other three kids didn't have colic and all were sleeping through most of the night by this age. I know, I had it comin'. Well, the deal is sealed..this is IT! NO MORE KIDS EVER!!! (Friends, please remind me of this entry when and if I ever talk of having another child! Thank you.)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Don't fret none, little sis. Just hold out for one more week and I'll be there to rescue you. I'll even stay as long as you want, or can stand.

Ain't that what big sisters are for?

(That and hiding electric blue shoes under my mattress, but we won't go into that here ;) )

Lindsay said...

Yes! Relief is in sight! Thank you.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

Oh I can so empathize! I have been there (too many times!) That is why we stopped at three! I could not do it another time. I really feel for you and I know how hard and totally frusterating that is. The only thing that semi saved me was my ipod. Even though I could not get the boys to stop crying I would were my ipod non-stop with any music I could find just for a distraction. The only bright light is that eventually it ends (I promise!) I am a living testimony to that! Now they only whine when they can not play video games all day! Hang in there and if you need me let me know and I will be there in a heart beat!

Craig said...

Just make one of your other kids cry harder. It will drown out Erin..

Just kiddin. Don't do that. Just go out and get some earplugs (or Holly's iPod idea sounds good too!)

Sally said...

I know you totally don't want to hear this, but I still think you should try going off dairy for at least a week. The first month I thought I was going to starve to death, but after that I kind of got used to it...well maybe I didn't get used to it so much as I realized my sanity was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! I'm so sorry. I hope it isn't colic...That could go on for awhile. I agree, I like Holly's ipod idea. Maybe get some ear plugs for the kids so they can have a break too. Good Luck, I hope you find something that works. I guess if nothing works you could try formula in a bottle. If you get desperate let me know Holly and I can take a roadtrip up there and let you get some sleep.