Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"It's an Emergency Mom"


For a long strech, most naps and mornings for me have been interrupted by Cameron or Sarah coming to my bedside and asking some silly question, or tattling or whining. This morning, however, I hear, "Mom, mom...this really is an emergency." So, I jolt awake in a stupor of having been woken up every two hours to nurse the night before. "Mom, water is just running and running out of the toilet." Oh crap! I realize I really do have to get up and 1st - unplug the toilet, GROSS, 2nd - create a dam so the water doesn't reach the carpet, and 3rd - figure out a way to soak up all the water. Enter, the shop vac. I thanked myself profusely for getting it for Darren for his birthday 3 months ago and started sucking up the inch of water on the bathroom floor. Then I gave Cameron a lesson in plunging so that this hopefully, won't happen again. Guess I'll need a nap for sure this afternoon. Can't wait.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Show them were the water turn off valve is behind the toilet. We've had this happen at our house more than a few times. It saves poopy water overflow, yuck!

Lisa said...

Oh man! That stinks (lol). I'll be sure to remember not to call you this afternoon! Shop vacs do come in handy. We used ours yesterday to vacuum the water standing in the sand box!

Kory Jane said...

Wow, who knew that such little bums could produce such huge poop. At least they woke you up instead of just letting it overflow. Did I mention that you looked awesome in church on Sunday. I wish I looked that hot right after having a baby.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

We have been there many times (unfortunatly)! But what a miserable way to get woken up!

Sally said...

Wow, if he's plugging the toilet already, you better invest in a really great plunger for when he is a teenager!

Craig said...

So funny...

That same thing happened to us in the Best Western in Rexburg right before the family reunion. Housekeeping had to tear the toilet apart and ended up replacing the entire flushing mechanism.

There are certain times when a father is proud of his son. This was definitely one of them. This one reached the carpet too...

Amy said...

You were going to "create a damn" what?

Just wondering...