Monday, July 28, 2008

My Little Corn Schuckers



I had a little help in the kitchen Sunday morning. They were all too excited to schuck corn and put the ears in the pot. I remember Mom giving me this job many a time! I was so ready to sink my teeth into some sweet crunchy corn but it so wasn't! Maybe I didn't cook it long enough, or too long but it was bad! I even tried to cook it longer and it was still hard! Maybe the farmers picked it too soon. It couldn't possibly have been
my fault:)






3 comments:

Becky said...

To this day I still say "peel" instead of "shuck". Don't ya just love your slave labor, I mean children for peeling corn. We had some tonight for dinner, cooked the heck out of it, tasted good but still a little too crunchy for my taste.

Mark Youngs said...

When you're cooking fresh corn on the cob, put some salt and also a little sugar in the water. Brings out the flavor! Yum. XOXO, mom

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

That used to be my job also. That is so funny to see them all there "shucking the corn".