Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day at Broken Bow



Rock Band Rocks!



The Lost Boys



Our Cameron Skiing



How do you like that money sucking black hole we call a boat?



Daxton and Sarah


We had such a fun time with the Eastmans and Kneelands over the long Labor Day weekend. I think we have a tradition in the making! Darren grew up with Chris and Chad down in TX and our families have all known each other for a long time. We met at Broken Bow Lake and all stayed in a really "cozy" little cabin called Lookout Lodge. Our kids had a fantastic time together and played, explored, swam and skied. The adults enjoyed boating too but the real fun came when the kids went to bed and we rocked out to Rock Band and American Idol Karaoke! I never knew I could sing so well or tear it up on the drums like I do! Holly, in my opinion, took the "best of" on vocals, although Chris wished he had! Chad and Amanda totally know their way around a rock band! Performing so well, no matter what they did. They showed us all up! Thanks for all the great food too. Holly, I'm making ribs for dinner on Sunday! Just want you all to know how much we love having you as friends and thanks for some great memories!

8 comments:

Sasha said...

We love rock band. I didn't know they had American Idol Karaoke. I'll have to get that one. We also love Karaoke. Sounds like you guys had fun. Nice boat too, I wish we had one. I bet it's loads of fun.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

I just got done blogging about our trip! We had such a great time! I hope we do it every year!

Anonymous said...

Well you and Holly both beat me to it. I haven't even put the pictures on my computer yet! We really did have so much fun and I do hope that we have started a new tradition. Thanks again!

East Coast Okies said...

Looks like fun! We love the lake too! I love the pic of Cam skiing.

Real Life Roberts said...

So fun!!! I'm amazed at Cameron up on skiis! I guess I should bee to shocked that he's the son of a professional! So glad that you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Sounds like Chris and Chad are doing well along with their families. Say hi to them all for me!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'll have to get back to you about our vacation. It will probably just be a weekend trip.

Martin Family said...

Hey there, I just found your blog and I am so excited. Now I can keep up with you guys. Looks like you guys are doing good.