Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More on The Ribs

Ok, I am a dummy when it comes to ribs. I have never made them for fear of spending the $ on them only to ruin them and regret it. My lovely friend Holly has shown me it can be done, and done right! Here goes:

1 slab back loin pork ribs (babyback) fed our family of 5 eaters fine...I haven't started the baby on ribs yet.

Unwrap ribs and season with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
Wrap with heavy duty foil and bake on 250 for 4 hrs.
Unwrap and slather with favorite bbq sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays Honey Barbecue Sauce)
Wrap back up in foil and let sit 30 mins.
I don't have a grill so I finished mine under the broiler for 10 mins. It soaks up the h2o in sauce so the sauce really sticks to the meat. If you have a grill, you can finish on the grill.

Let the meat melt in your mouth and relax into a pork lovin' haze!!

My whole family loved, loved, loved this. I baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar on them and served it all up with green beans and rolls! YUM!

6 comments:

Joni Gardine said...

Hey Lindsay,

I do mine the same way except I use a rub recipe from a cookbook I have instead of the steak seasoning. You are right---they are fabulous! And we don't get by on this house without Sweet Baby Ray's.

Real Life Roberts said...

That is a major dinner...props to you!!

Amy Jo said...

Hey this recipe sounds great! I can't wait to try it! I love the blog about Sarahs hair. You did a great job and I can't believe that is the same baby that went to lunch with us in Houston. Time Flys! Hey when you get a chance, I wanted to get the Ashtons phone # so we could go see them sometime. Love ya!

Sally said...

I'll have to try them your way next time cause they sound delicious.

Kacey said...

Lindsay! Hey girl...saw your link on Amy's blog and of course (HELLO!) I had to say hi! Look at your beautiful family...I didn't know you just had another baby. Congratulations!! Miss Sarah Jane has a blog too...the link is on my sidebar. :-) Tell Daren hi too!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

I am glad the ribs were a hit! Maybe we should start a cooking show. Remeber our great smoothies with the blended lid? ha/ha!