Sunday, November 2, 2008

Erin's Ab workout and Dog Hating

Because the items in this post were unrelated I was going to call it odds and ends, but then, all I could think of was nuts and butts, and rears and queers which is a punch line to a joke my dad tells and so I just couldn't do it. A select few know that joke...thanks dad!


Lately, Erin will lay with her head up, trying her darnedest to try to do a full on sit-up, like if she tries it just one more time.... she'll be able to do it. One and two and hold and again...



Lauren created some fine artwork this afternoon I thought I would share with you all. She hasn't been influenced at all by my dislike for the canine species. Our neighbor's have 4 little dogs and one chased her the other day so she did some journaling to work through her fear. I laughed so hard when I saw the flower drooping because of the smelly poop! Maybe I'll have her enter it in our school's Reflections contest. Think it would win...the theme is "WOW", which isn't what I'm thinking when I see their dog's poop in our yard. I'm thinking, "Where is that pellet gun?"

6 comments:

Izzy said...

I love the detail of her little self-portrait. She looks so cute in her picture with perfectly straight hair while running from a killer dog!

It's so girly....I love it!

Amy said...

What was the joke again? Something about a proctologist and psychologist? Help me remember...

Julie Markham said...

Scoop up the poop and put it on the neighbor's doorstep and with a note that says, "Your dog left this in our yard."

Am I bad for thinking this is a great idea?

Lisa said...

I think that is a great idea!

My favorite part of the picture is when the sun says "Ho no!"

Mark Youngs said...

you'll be the only parents of a baby sporting a six pack with abd crunches like those!, XOXO, mom

Danielle said...

Hey, its sounds like that little sweetie is starting out right! Before you know it she'll have the ABs of STEEL, aka Heidi Robert's abs. That must be where I went wrong, you have to start out doing crunches as an infant or you're SCREWED.
As for Lauren and her picture, she'll probalbly end up being a therapist working with people who have been attacked by dogs. She's started young as well in counseling you. Ha Ha. I know all you need is the pellet gun, but not ALL dogs are deranged poop machines. Some are just loveable ignored family pets that every one fights over who has to feed them, until you try to get rid of them and suddenly they are part of the family that no one can live without. Wow maybe our house needs Dr. Lauren to work on our pet issues :)