Friday, November 14, 2008

Team Becky

Today was the funeral service for Duane Scott Summers. It was a beautiful service that was very well attended. I was glad I could be there. Becky and I met when we moved here 5 years ago. She is a saintly mother and a great friend. She has such great common sense and looks at life with great perspective. We have carpooled kids, served in primary together, and are visiting teaching partners. This weekend there will be a benefit for their family at our ward building. We will be selling baked goods and having a bi-ward parking lot sale and all the the proceeds will go to the Summers family. There has also been a fund set up if anyone wishes to donate. Please click on the team Becky button to do so. Read about their family here.

As her friends and brothers and sisters in the gospel we will ever be by her side to listen, support and love our dear Becky and her 7 "little monkeys".

As a side note, I thought it was so sweet at the viewing last evening, beneath the casket lined up in a row were 7 little stuffed monkey's, representing each of their 7 extraordinary children.

3 comments:

Izzy said...

Sweet family. Thanks for the links to Team Becky. I hope we all can have such special friends surround us when we need them. You get what you give I guess.

Love - Izzy

Sally said...

It really was a great service and great to see all the people who's lives were touched by Duane.

Thanks for your help today with the candy making. Josh asked if I wrote down your caramel recipe.

Anonymous said...

Wow... I just spend 30 min reading their blog. They really sound like an amazing family. My heart breaks for all them. I'm so glad she has a lot of friends and people to support her.